When you think of detrimental and daunting things that can happen to a home or structure, first on the list would be water damage. When water damage occurs, it is necessary to take immediate action. Water damage occurs when water logs in an area cause it to rot, leak, rust, develop growth, or de-laminate. This effects materials such as wood, steel, plywood and more.
Water Damage DMV can help restore your home and leave you where you were before any damage took place.
The Water Restoration Process:
When this happens, water restoration has to occur in several steps. The following is a list of the water restoration process:
- Water extraction and damage clean-up is the first step in the restoration process. This relies heavily on the amount of water and the length of time it has been stagnant. The water is removed and the material is ready for replacing. Water damage can also be caused by flooding, thus needing flood damage restoration. With larger amounts of water, it can take several specialists and other contractors to help rebuild the structure entirely.
- Moisture detection is what happens when the specialist is evaluating the water damage and detects an instance of mold or growth. Some can be detected with an infrared camera that detects the heat energy coming from said growth. This can be removed simply with cleaning solvents and soft brushes.
- Structural drying is also a necessary component in the restoration process. It involves actively extracting the water, evaporating moisture, dehumidifying and maintaining ideal temperature to prevent evaporation.
- Cleaning and deodorizing is one of the easier parts of the process. Using special cleaning agents and deodorizing materials, it can be done properly when the damaged area is dry.
- After the process is completed, it is time to think about what comes next. Water damage does cause a bit of a loss to some or maybe all material. This causes for a re-build or Post-loss construction, with a hire builder or contractor to reconstruct the area and even provide the repaired area with a better system. A better system will help fight the chance of water damage occurring in the same area again.
It is very important and necessary to know how to approach this type of situation for your home or property. Water Damage DMV will help service your water damage needs efficiently.